18 April 2009

bored, bored, bored

I sit here on a Saturday night in Munster visiting my parents for an extended Easter and I am bored, bored, bored. My mom just took the little guy to mass but I was not able to go because I knew there was no way that I could sit in a pew for an hour. I have known for awhile now that my back was on the verge of going but, of course, I didn't do much to prevent it. I tote around my 21 lb boy often, probably more often than I should, because it is so much quicker than waiting for him sometimes. I'm sorry but sometimes I would rather just walk up to his room, put something away, and move on to the next task rather than waiting for him to pay attention to me, come with me, climb the stairs, and eventually decide to come into his room with me. Well, now, I am paying for it. I have had my fair share of back pain in my lifetime but nothing like this. Although frustrating, if it did have to happen, I am so glad that it happened here so I can have some help. Some help, I'm sorry, I mean more help than I could ever imagine! Thank you mom, dad, aunt mary, aunt bonnie, uncle eddie and lauren for taking care of Gio for me. There have been many times in the past 17 months that I have dreamed of sleeping in, having others wake up and feed my son so I could just get a little more sleep and now my time has come. Be careful what you wish for. Now, I'm so sad that I'm not the one seeing his handsome face in the morning or rocking him to sleep b.c. I can't pick him up or put him in his crib. Thankfully, although it has only been a couple of days, he still lights up when he sees me. I finally know what it feels like when bryan walks in the door after work and that little boy runs to his daddy. He just needed the chance to miss me.

No comments: