25 May 2009

Horses, elephants, and gorillas...oh my!

We are enjoying this beautiful Memorial Day weekend in Pittsburgh. Sunday we visited a new park (not so new to Gio and me but new to Bryan) for a family picnic, pint-sized fun on the playground, and meeting the horses. The county police horses are housed at a nearby park and the little guy loved them! He loved walking as close as he could to them and would have touched them if we let him. Oddly enough, as much as he loved the horses, he loved the sound of motorcycles even more. His face would light up every time he would hear/see one....I hope this doesn't mean he is going to be a rebel! Today we were joined by my dad for another fun outing, this time to the Pittsburgh Zoo. It is nice to have such a wonderful family zoo located to close to us. Unfortunately, it does not rank as high as Lincoln Park or the Phoenix zoo, both which were spectacular. I really don't think that Gio noticed the difference one bit, we all had a lovely day. The fools that we are went on Memorial Day afternoon and it was pretty crowded but the animals were still beautiful. Gio loved watching the flamingos, the elephants, and the gorillas. He even loved petting the cockroach, which I find disgusting but he seemed to enjoy it. Let me clarify that there were zoo employees holding a turtle, an iguana (or something that looked like an iguana), and a hissing cockroach. He laughed and turned away from the first two, but went right for the cockroach. He recently learned to say 'more' to accompany his sign for more and the entire time at the zoo, he continued to say 'more', 'more', 'more' and when I thought he wanted more crackers (of course, food is always on my mind), Bryan informed me that he wanted to see more animals-it was precious.

No comments: