04 September 2013

Big days!

Our house is quiet. 

Ok, it is not very often but today for about an hour and a half, it was very quiet. Our two oldest are starting their school year and our littlest love was catching up on his z's. Some days, the chaos is enough to drive me crazy but today I found so much chaos in the quiet, I didn't know what to do. I was unorganized, forgetful and over-thinking all of the quiet. They didn't move out or go to college, Preschool was only 3 hours long today!!!

Thankfully, our boys are adjusting well to school and they both had great first days. Max held on to my hand a little tighter than I remember his brother doing but he was so brave walking up to the unknown without me. I think it helped him  to be walking in to the classroom where he recognized the teachers' faces and is familiar with the school. The teacher, however, did not help me when she told him how grown up and how handsome he had become. Cue me wanting to grab his hand back and take him home with me. I did not. today.

Our big man has been doing wonderful in Kindergarten. He doesn't have much to share quite yet but he loves recess! I asked if he had met the principal and he responded "no, but we met his wife". I was so confused because I know his wife doesn't work there but I quickly asked him "do you mean the assistant principal?" Yes. Of course.

I cried as we began this new journey, this new phase of our lives. It is already proving to be busier and it is forcing me to become more organized (locking myself out of the house today was my breaking point). Our babies are growing up and becoming independent and as much as I want to hold on tight, they need me to let them fly.  They are healthy, kind, happy boys excited for their newest adventures and for that I am so blessed. 




No comments: