01 March 2009

February-by the numbers

wow-I am so glad that there are only 28 days in the month of February. It has been one of the longest months and I have been counting down the days until March arrives! 6: The Number of Super Bowl Championships that the Steelers now hold. We had a great time celebrating the Steelers victory and Gio was even able to celebrate with his cute cheerleading friends for the big game. Steeler fans are like nothing I have ever seen before and they sure did celebrate! We noticed that church was much more crowded that Super Bowl Sunday-coincidence? I think not. I thought about taking Gio to the celebratory parade but thought that the two of us in the crowd of hundreds of thousands of people in the cold would not be a great idea. We watched from inside instead. 2: Number of visitors we have had this month-thanks so much mom and dad. Dad was nice enough to bring the rest of Gio's Christmas loot(err, gifts) and some old high school and college memorabilia for me to spend hours looking through. Thanks for making me waste even more time not doing what I should be doing. 1: Missing Luna bar which was stolen via the United States Postal Service from my valentine's card from C-lyn. What the heak? Who opens a package, steals the luna bar, puts the empty wrapper back in the envelope and proceeds to process the envelope? 5: Number of teeth Gio has teethed this month, including two molars and two eye teeth. Although he has been waking up @ 5:30 as a result, he has truly been a trooper. I can't imagine how much pain he is in all the time. 3: Visits to the Dr.'s office. I'm fairly confident that our co-pays have paid for the new office remodeling. I think that they should prepare a plaque in honor of us "This office remodeling has been generously provided by the Morales family, particularly the overly concerned mother" 4: Days Gio had a fever. He was most kind to get sick while my mom was here and although her visit was not as adventurous as we would like, she was a rock when helping me take care of him. He, again, did his best to maintain his energetic personality but certainly fell short at times-specifically in the middle of the night. 1: More ARE test taken by Bryan for a total of 2 so far this year and 1 scheduled very soon. It is quite admirable how he focuses and studies after working 12 hour days. Do I like it that he is locked in the basement? No, but it is admirable...I cannot believe the hassle it is to become a licensed Architect. Seven years of school AND he still has to hit the books every night. I suppose after 5 years of required undergraduate studies, you really know that you love this profession and he wouldn't be doing this if he didn't. 10: Days Gio has to take his antibiotic for his sinus infection. Seriously? After all the teeth and the cold and the fever...he came down with a sinus infection. He was also a 10 at the Dr.s office. The dr. said he really made his day and he wishes all of his patients behaved as well as our little guy. Wow, what else could a mom hope to hear? Let's hope he keeps this up for the next 18 years-give or take. 6: Number of deer in our back yard this week. Gio loved looking at them and quietly watching them graze. Of course, it was not as exciting as watching Grandpa Pete feed the buck by hand in San Antonio but watching them through the window is just fine by me. The thought crossed my mind to throw them some lettuce or carrots but then quickly left when I knew that they would be interested in these when we actually grow them in our garden this spring--we'll see how well that goes. 0: Number of the above mentioned things that I would change. Every adventure we go on we experience as a family, and although challenging at times, they allow us to make memories and learn things along the way. Gio is growing and changing so much that so often I catch myself wanting him to do something new and reach the next milestone but the real milestone is the three of us being here...together...enjoying this day that has been given to us. Taking the time to enjoy that is the real challenge.

No comments: