22 March 2009

Happy Times

I am not a very organized individual. Don't get me wrong, I certainly put forth the effort but my results are often disappointing. I will make a list for the grocery store...only to arrive realizing that the list is on my kitchen table thus I forget several items which forces an unavoidable return to the store in the very near future (honey and peanut butter were the missing items just yesterday). I think Bry's favorite is the fact that more often than not, I will write the check and envelope for church, bring it upstairs, place it on the table and then...you guessed it...forget it. I will make new lists to help stay organized around the house and I am dedicated to staying on top of these to-do lists for at least 3 or 4 days....only to see that 5 or 6 days later I inadvertently did not check off anything on this list. I will, however, keep trying to improve upon about 75 things that I can do better but I'm sure I'll lose the list of these things, too. This all brings me to my blog topic, I have about 25 different things to write about but they are all floating around my head in disaray that I do not know where to begin. We have been quite busy and our little boy has been learning so many things that I am having a hard time keeping track of it all. I used to be so diligent about writing down even his smallest accomplishments (i.e. new foods or skills) but now I just tell myself that I will remember the day and that is just not the case. I was told that I can use the fact that I am a new mom as an excuse until he is two. I may need to push it to twenty-two. He is a little behind in his language development for his age and he had some great breakthroughs recently. He may not be able to enter the spelling bee quite yet but if the spelling bee was titled "words that start with the letter D" he would would definitely take the Gold! He has been saying "DaDa" for about 15 of his 16 months on this earth with "MaMa" no where in sight. However, is also learning "down", "duck" and "dog" and you would think that he recited Shakespeare by listening to his parents cheer for him. We are trying to increase his vocabulary by reading to him....a lot. I don't mean reading him The Fuzzy Duckling or Let's Go Irish once or twice a day, I mean, reading him The Fuzzy Duckling or Let's Go Irish about 30 times a day. I can't get over how he loves these two books. He will bring the book to me and then curl up in my lap and smile in anticipation for his favorite story to be read. How could any mom resist this preciousness? I'm fairly certain that he will say "Leprechaun" before he says "Mama" but as long as he continues enhancing those skills, that will be ok with me...at least that is what I am telling myself. We recently came across a tv show that I think I enjoy more than Gio called Yo Gabba Gabba. Of course, when he wants to watch it, he will say (with remote in hand) "ga ga" (Yes, i have noticed that he can say the name of his favorite show but not mine, no need to point that out). How can I resist turning on this crazy show? Here's a video of him getting ready to watch it.
From My Videos

As soon as I remember his other developments, I'll try to include those, too. But I'm sure you're not holding your breath.

No comments: