09 March 2011

2nd child syndrome

I believe this pictures marks the 39th consecutive month that I have been taking pictures for my boys. This month, Max's 15-month photo, marks the very 1st time our paparazzi session ended with just one little picture. Thankfully, Max is very photogenic and I got a decent one on the first shot...but I will add the allotted funds to his therapy savings account I have started in his name. Max and I had a few minutes of quiet as Gio went with Bryan's parents to run some errands. I gathered the child, printed the sign, remembered the tape and the camera-all on the first attempt (which is a big deal for me). Once we went outside to take advantage of the beautiful Texas March weather, it all went down hill. Max is doing this glorious thing called walking and it brings so much joy to watch him explore this new world. It also means this tree worked well to pose him for photos in the months past, but not this one because when he is looking at the camera, he is also looking at a large dirt mound filled with bright yellow trucks and shovels and plenty of toys for little boys. As you can see, the sign fell right down (it was too windy for tape) so I tried to take Max inside to find something stronger to hold it up. Well, not only is he walking, but his is also using every bit of his energy and will to let you know when he does not want to be held. Usually, I can hold on tight but not today where I'm walking around like the Hunchback of Notre Dame because I hurt my back...again. Thankfully, I am saved and my 3 year old comes home and I have the great idea that he will 'help' me take Max's picture and stand behind me to make him laugh. Just writing this makes me laugh because, let's be honest, what was I thinking? Within seconds, Max is heading in one direction, Gio in the other, and I was too tired to try anymore. That, and I couldn't keep up with either one of them! So, to my little Max. I'm sorry you're not smiling in this picture--I'll try harder in April--I promise!

No comments: